Follow the guide below for a quick tutorial.
How To Emulate A Xbox 360 Controller On A Pc :
1) Step one, you need a usb controller (few wireless controllers work as well). If you are on a budget I recommend buying the Saitek gamepad for ~$15. I have the Saitek PS1000 which supports PS3, PS2 and PC got it for $14. Connect the controller to your PC and install the required drivers that usually come with the CD or digital download links.
2) Download the Xbox 360CE from here. It's the software that allows you to emulate a xbox 360 controller on your PC with a cheap gamepad controller. Currently its windows only x64 and x86.
3) Extract the file and click on the x360ce.exe executable. If you are connected to the internet, the computer should automatically map your device to emulate a xbox 360 controller. If it doesn't then read the wiki for more information. You will need to map them manually.
|Emulate Xbox 360 Controller On Pc with X360CE|
4) Hit save. The program should save two files x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll (or something similar). Copy these two files and paste them in the game directory of choice ie. Browse to C:/ -> Program Files -> The Binding Of Isaac / Limbo (or any other game name) and paste both the files there. If you are running games on Steam go to C:/ -> Program Files -> Steam and search for your game directory (Limbo, Braid, Crysis etc.). Use windows search to get there faster.
|Game directory of Limbo|
5) That's it. Just make sure your controller is connected and run the game of your choice. If you are having trouble using x64 (64 bit) try using the x86 (32 bit) emulator software on your computer. Good luck and happy gaming.